New directors at the summer Shiny Awards
New Directors awarded at the Summer Shiny Awards hosted at AMVBBDO.
The shortlist of 15 short videos screened to a squash of new directors, post production, production services and production companies.
Chris Cable Head of Production at 2AM Films said: "One of the most valuable industry evenings I’ve been to in recent memory. Full of wonderful, enthusiastic, passionate people, huge amounts of talent in one room and a great vibe"
The 5 winners were announced live, by the Awards Judges:
- AMVBBDO creative, Anzhela Heyrabedyan.
- AMVBBDO/Flare Productions Producer/ Director, Jess Journo.
- shots Features Editor, Carol Cooper.
- Renee Zhan, for Soft Animals. Zhan is a new signing to BlinkInk and is based in London. Soft Animals can’t be shown yet online.
- Imogen Harrison, with Could You? for NHS. Harrison is a new signing to My Accomplice and is based in London.
- Alex Dunning, for This Girl Can. Dunning is a new signing to Flipt and is based in London.
- Diana Olifirova, with Intrance, Olifirova is freelance and based in London.
- Jessica Batson for La Folie. Batson is freelance and based in Chicago. La Folie can’t be shown yet online.
The winners videos can be seen at here.
As always for the Shiny Awards, the shortlist included at least 70% work from under-represented directors according to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, childhood income and disability. In fact this time it was 80%!
Entries are open for the Autumn Shiny Awards, date and venue TBA.
More details at Shiny New Directors Network here.