8248880 (England), which also refers to ALF Insight Ltd, Company Number 8297172, whose registered address is:
Media Business Insight Ltd, Zetland House, 5-25 Scrutton Street, London EC2A 4HJ (”MBI”), who controls this
website. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the data controller is Media Business Insight Limited.
you how MBI will use personal information about you that is submitted to MBI.
- By providing your personal information to MBI, you consent to the collection and use of it and any other
of your personal information to which you have consented, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
check this website and any other MBI website(s) you use from time to time to review the then current Privacy
Policy and to update your preferences. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated in March 2018.
Collection of Personal Information
- The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data
subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and related legislation (“the
- MBI (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to MBI to register on its website(s) or
receive email alerts or other communications from MBI;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to a MBI website
(in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website
throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to MBI when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us
or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- MBI (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a
colleague who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
Storage and retention of your information
- MBI will keep your information on a secure server. The technology that MBI uses and the security policies which
MBI has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
- MBI will keep your information (to the extent permitted by the DPA) to enable MBI to use it for the purposes
Use of Your Information
- MBI may use your personal information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) for the following
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided
your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- subject to your consent, sending you newsletters and/or alerts and information regarding MBI’s or any third
party’s future services; and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc of the MBI website(s) and other services
and developing MBI’s marketing plans.
- MBI may also disclose your information (subject in each case to the requirements of the DPA) as follows:
- if you have given your consent for MBI to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you
or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by MBI to perform the above functions on its
behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by MBI as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns
etc of the MBI website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure MBI’s compliance with any applicable law, regulation,
legal proceeding or governmental request;
- (where you post material that does or may constitute a criminal offence, breach the rights of a third party,
give rise to a civil action or breach the Terms & Conditions of the applicable website and as otherwise
necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of MBI and its customers), to any relevant authority or
third party requiring MBI to disclose the identity of or locate anyone posting such material on an MBI website;
- to any individual making a subject information request to MBI.
- In the event that MBI (or a relevant part of MBI) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal
information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will
enable your relationship to continue with the relevant MBI business despite the change of ownership. Your
personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom MBI is negotiating such
a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on MBI by the third party.
- In processing your information in accordance with the above, MBI may (to the extent permitted by the DPA) send
it outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). MBI will take all reasonable steps to ensure that in such
drawn to the fact that the laws of countries outside the EEA may provide lesser protection to your information
than the UK. When you submit your personal information to MBI you consent to the transfer of your information
outside the EEA unless you specifically indicate otherwise.
- To access certain parts of the MBI websites, MBI may require you to register and provide certain information
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you
also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration
form (such information being the “Registration Data”); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your
personal information. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, your personal information is contained behind
secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such
systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Controlling your personal information
may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that
you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may
change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission
or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under
the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to
email@example.com to contact our Data Protection Officer.
If you believe that any information we are
holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above email
address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The legitimate interests pursued by
the controller or by a third party
Where the processing of personal data is based on Article 6(1) lit.f GDPR.
Our legitimate interest is to carry out our business in favour of the well-being of all our employees and the
When you visit a MBI website(s), MBI uses “cookie” technology to try to make
that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to
your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device
when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of
cookies MBI use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies
are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to a MBI website in order that page requests by that visitor are
delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to a MBI website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique
visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users
that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s)
and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the MBI website(s) that you visit, and
other information about other websites that you visit, to place you in an “interest segment”. This information
is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For
more information about this type of interest-based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please
visit www.youronlinechoices.co.uk or follow the link to the website of our third parties. Without these cookies,
advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
Some of the cookies used by MBI websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering
services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your
browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by
visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies
using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on a MBI website(s)
you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
The main cookies we use are here:
SQ_SYSTEM_SESSION – Stores your PHP sessionid so we can store data as part of
the standard PHP session system. If you are not logged in, it usually stores nothing, except the fact that you are
not logged in.
Third Party Cookies
Certain cookies are either set by third parties on
the Website or these are set by us using the third parties’ cookie code. More information about cookies placed by
third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In
addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking
gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can
understand which parts of the website are visited or whether content is of interest
– This stores your PHP sessionid so we can store data as part of the standard PHP session system. WebTrends uses a
cookie to track the number of unique users of this website. It basically tells us whether the website has a small
number of regular visitors or many infrequent visitors. The cookie only relates to what goes on in this website. For
more information – http://webtrends.com/privacy-policy
Google Analytics – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We
use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an
anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the
pages they visited. For more information – http:/www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
Third Party Websites
Please be aware that MBI does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its
own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies