Old Spice Breaks Record For Longest Ever Commercial
W+K Sao Paulo has created a brilliantly surreal - and surreally brilliant - spot for Old Spice which has managed to get into the Guinness Book of Records.
Wieden+Kennedy São Paulo and Old Spice have entered the Guinness Book of Records for the longest television campaign ever aired.
With the launch of Old Spice's Durascent technology the agency and brand created the first endless spot; one commercial inside another and another and another... The video will be on air for eternity at ocomercialinfinito.com.br and Old Spice also aired the film for 14 hours consecutively at Woohoo channel, becoming longest campaign in television history.
The spot, titled The Endless Commercial, features actor and brand ambassador Terry Crews in a surrealist, comedic film. In addition to the complete film, six spots were produced to support on digital channels and TV. A two-minute version and a 15-second version were aired on different TV channels and the campaign will be exported and replicated throughout Latin America and Mexico.
"It's a pleasure to work with brands that are always willing to break the rules."
"The idea for the whole project came from the new technology of Old Spice, Durascent, that makes you smell good forever," said Vitor Fernandes, marketing manager for Deodorants.
"At a time when advertising content is getting shorter, with increasingly telegraphic messages, Old Spice goes against the grain and launches a commercial that literally lasts forever," added Renato Simões, executive creative director at Wieden+Kennedy São Paulo. "It's a pleasure to work with brands that are always willing to break the rules."
- Agency Wieden+Kennedy São Paulo
- Production Conspiração Filmes
- Sound Design LOUD, Sao Paulo
- Agency Producer Jin Park, Fernanda Moura, Regiani Pettinelli
- Executive Creative Director Renato Simões, Eduardo Lima
- Creative Director Rodrigo Mendes, Caio Mattoso, Bruno Oppido
- Art Director Jose Ferraz, Felipe Paiva
- Copywriter Rafael Melo
- Director Fernando Nogari
- Executive Producer Patrick Petry, Luciana Mattar
- Director of Photography Daniel Belinky
- Editor Akira Guilherme
- Digital Producer Mauricio Junior
- Digital Producer Ricardo Barbin
- Digital Production Company Slikland, Sao Paulo
Did you know you can follow these creative connections? Follow any of the people or companies listed below to get regular updates whenever they are mentioned on shots.net. Simply visit their profiles and click the ‘Follow this person/company’ button.