Barnes & Noble Casts a Spell in Holiday Campaign
Nobody Knows Books Like We Do is Havas North America's first work for the brand.
Bookstore giant Barnes & Noble is tapping into the magic of stories with an integrated campaign that pays homage to all its readers - from wand-waving Harry Potter nerds to Game of Thrones fans.
The campaign - the first from Havas North America since winning the account - demonstrates how Barnes & Noble's books, stories and gifts help shape the lives and imaginations of people across the country, and aims to inspire viewers to pick up books and discover meaning in their own lives.
The 30-second anthem film [top], dedicated to the "spellbinders, pathfinders to grand plan designers. To historians, Victorians and all the Targaryens", is one of four spots directed by Matt Smukler via Community Films. Another 30-second ad, Spells [above] features a young Harry Potter fan getting to grips with a levitating spell.
The campaign also includes several shorter, 15-second spots that switch the focus from readers to staff. Thrill Seekers and Super Fans celebrate the company’s 23,000 booksellers who make shopping at Barnes & Noble a one-of-a-kind experience, showing off their expertise in picking just the right book.
- Music Yessian Music/New York
- Agency Havas Worldwide New York
- Production Community Films
- Editing Company Nomad Editing Company
- Sound Design Sonic Union, New York
- Colourist Tim Masick
- Agency Producer Stacy Flaum
- Chief Creative Officer Harry Bernstein
- Executive Creative Director Israel Garber
- Creative Director Nick Elliott, Joseph Delhommer
- Art Director Eduardo Camacho
- Copywriter Morgan Perrine
- Director Matt Smukler
- Executive Producer Carl Swan
- Producer Gayleen Sharon
- Director of Photography Quyen Tran
- Editor Jim Ulbrich, Jai Shukla
- Head of Production Chris Spanos
Did you know you can follow these creative connections? Follow any of the people or companies listed below to get regular updates whenever they are mentioned on shots.net. Simply visit their profiles and click the ‘Follow this person/company’ button.