shots Awards 2018 Challenges You to Beat the Bots
They've beaten us at chess, mastered the Japanese strategy game Go and power much of our online life, whether we know it or not - but can artificial intelligence really shape our creative future?
This year, the shots Awards is laying down a challenge to the advertising industry, asking it to prove that AI pales in comparison to the ingenuity, inventiveness and wit of the human brain.
The above film, created by 18 Feet and Rising, directed by Gareth Brannan through Mill+ and with sound design by Neil Johnson at Factory, looks at whether humankind should fear the onset of the bots and asks, "Who's thinking? Who's creating? Who's making things better?".
Is it us? Or is it them?
- Agency 18 Feet & Rising
- Production Mill+
- Post Production Mill+
- Sound Design Factory
- Sound Designer Neil Johnson
- Colourist Thomas Mangham
- Agency Producer James Faupel
- Executive Creative Director Will Thacker
- Creative Justin Blanchard, Toby Roberts
- Director Gareth Brannan
- Producer Lucy Hawes
- Director of Photography Will Baldy
- Post Producer Tim Lyall, Tanya Fearon
- Editor Theo Gibara
- Managing Director Andrew Barnard
- Assistant Producer Lew O’Brien
- Second AC Patrycja
- Focus Puller Rhys Warren
- Gaffer Bryan Gavigan
- DIT Robyn Gonçalves Borrageiro
- Stylist Emma Lipop
- Stylist Vicky Chez
- Make-up Sam Swann
- Production Runner Alfie Johnson
- Hair Ashelene Scott
- 3D Designer Federico Bergamaschi
- 3D Designer Will Denning
- 2D Lead Dan Adams
Did you know you can follow these creative connections? Follow any of the people or companies listed below to get regular updates whenever they are mentioned on shots.net. Simply visit their profiles and click the ‘Follow this person/company’ button.