shots Awards 2014: And the Winner Is...
The results are in! The winners of the shots Awards 2014 are here... read on to find out who won what.
The shots Awards 2014 were held last night [November 13] at London's Bloomsbury Ballroom where advertising's elite gathered to find out who had triumphed at this year's event.
The night was kicked off with a cocktail reception at the swanky art deco venue before the gathered masses entered the main ballroom where the main Awards, sponsored by Palma Pictures, began.
Hosted by comedian Matt Richardson, the ceremony was, by comparison to most ceremonies, short, sweet and very much to the creative point, and the worthy winners received their prizes to the righful sound of mass applause.
List of Winners
- First up on the night was Mobile Campaign of the Year which was awarded to Brazilian agency Loducca Sao Paulo for their John Frusciante Sat-JF14 campaign.
- Next to the stage was MediaMonks and 72andSunny Amsterdam who picked up the Digital Campaign of the Year for their Google Night Walk digital experience.
- The Best Use of Animation in a Commercial, sponsored by Sue Terry Voices, was awarded to Blinkink London, Hornet NYC and adam&eveDDB London for last year's John Lewis Christmas commercial, The Bear and the Hare.
- Honda Inner Beauty and Factory London and W+K London picked up the award for Best Use of Sound Design in a Commercial.
- The winner of Editing Company of the Year was Final Cut London.
- Experiential/Ambient Out of Home Campaign of the Year was won by OgilvyOne Beijing for their Volkswagen Eyes on the Road campaign.
- The Branded Content of the Year award, sponsored by Wiredrive, saw Betsy Works and Grey London pick up the trophy for their film from the Times/Sunday Times Unquiet Film Series called Bringing the World to Britain.
- This year's Client of the Year was awarded to Axe. Given to a client which has, in the shots editorial team's judgement, excelled through the year, the trophy was handed out by shots editor Danny Edwards, who said that the company "continually pushes creative boundaries".
- The 2014 Television Commercial of the Year went to W+K Portland, MJZ LA and director Steve Ayson for Old Spice's Momsong.
- The night's final trophy, Agency of the Year, was handed to adam&eveDDB London.
After the ceremony it was time to get down to some serious 80s vs 90s music, provided by our good friends at MassiveMusic at our OffRoad Films-sponsored After Party, more of which, including pictures, will be on the site this afternoon.
A full list of the shortlisted work can be found here while a round-up of this year's winners can also be seen in the next issue of shots, issue 154.