- Job title: Director/Producer
- Job role(s): None found
- Company: Mag VFX
- Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/magzfx/videos, http://bymagvfx.com/, http://www.sztompka.com, http://www.vimeo.com/user552290
Dec. 2007- 2012
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, USA.
MFA ’12 Digital Arts, Interactive Media & Emerging Motion Arts.
Oct. 2002- June 2004
The National Film, Television & Theater School, Lodz, Poland.
MFA program completed, Film and TV Production.
Oct. 1998- July 2002
The Higher School of Journalism, Warsaw, Poland.
BFA ’01 Film and TV Production.
Final Cut Pro, AVID, After Effects, Logic, Maya 3D, Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator, Microsoft
Office; Computer languages knowledge: Processing, Python, HTML, Action Scripting.
OCT 2005- PRESENT
MFA thesis short film, 5’30”, 35 mm film combined with digital effects; producer, director,
editor, VFX compositor, animator; New York, USA
”BABYLON TRAIL” Iceblock, music video 3’40” ( HD) producer, director, editor, VFX
compositor, animator; Jamaica, West Indies
“Oh Luv” Sharief in Burgundy, music video 4’30” (HD) producer, director, editor; New
short film, 7’00” (35mm film), director, editor; New York, USA
PSA film 1’30” (mini DV), director, editor; New York, USA
“Post Exhibition. Philip von Zweck” MCA Chicago, video art ad, 1’30”.
(Mini DV), director, producer, editor; Chicago, USA
Jan 2008- may 2009
Editor AT America Reads/ Counts at Pratt Institute,
- Editing promotional documentary films about the life of foundation, creating 2D, 3D
computer graphics, compositing
April 2004- Dec. 2005
Polish National Television, documentary film 24’00” (DV), producer
2 March 2004
“Kodak Batteries- Bear”
TV commercial, 30”, (35 mm), producer
Nov. 2001- July 2002
short documentary, 10’30”, (mini DV), producer, director.
NOVEMBER 2010- DECEMBER 2010
STREB THEATER LABORATORY FOR ACTION MECHANICS (SLAM)
- Camera Operator, Streb Theater, show “Falling Sideways” by Elisabeth Streb.
May 2009- january 2010
VISUAL EFFECTS SUPERVISOR’s ASSISTANT
VFX PRODUCER’s ASSISTANT LOOK FX, 104n seventh street, Brooklyn, ny
- Assisting in production in visual effects department on “Black Swan” dir. Darren
Aronofsky; assisting in 3D scanning of Natalie Portman;
- Assisting in postproduction “The Bounty” dir. Andy Tenant (post-production)
- Assisting to Dan Schrecker on creating film titles for Wes Anderson’s movie “Fantastic Mister Fox”
- Assisting to visual effects supervisor during works on visual effects “Step Up 3D” produced by Disney: compositing, matte painting, rotoscoping (Shake, Nuke ), visual effects tests, VFX shoot.
- Assisting to compositors in postproduction on “A Muppets Christmas- Letters to Santa”
March- Oct. 2005.
Production assistant, Atlantic Motion Pictures, New York,
- Handling calls, printing showreels labels, duplicating copies.
- Maintaining all file documents.
- Producer’s assistant (booking flights, researching offers for studio suppliers, organizing
producer’s meetings time frame, production coordination during shoot).
- Researching showreels, postproduction coordination.
Feb. 2005- March 2005
Animator’s Assistant, Ugly Pictures. New York, NY.
- Building miniatures for set design.
- Preparing models: puppets, props.
- Animator’s assistance during shoot: TV commercials for Nickelodeon TV and MTV NYC
Dec. 2002- April 2004.
Production Assistant & Director’s Researcher, Tango
Productions, Warsaw, Poland.
- Contacts with TV commercial directors, art directors.
- Researching new directors on the Internet and during advertising film festivals (Cannes Lions,
France; Camerimage, Poland).
- Production and postproduction coordinating
AWARDS & official selections
2012 Award for music video “OH LUV” in best music video category in Honolulu Film Festival in Hawaii.
2012 Award for music video “OH LUV” in Unlimited Love Film Festival and Art Exhibition in Los Angeles.
2012 Award for music video “OH LUV” in the best music video category, California Film Festival.
2011 Burbank International Film Festival in California, music video “OH LUV”
nomination to the best music videos category.
2011 Coney Island Film Festival, official selection, music video “OH LUV”
2011 The Other Venice Film Festival, Los Angeles, California, official selection, music video “OH LUV”
2011 Lucerne International Film Festival in Switzerland, official selection, showcase “OH LUV” music video.
Won Panavision Grant For The New Filmmakers for USA feature short film “Two Feet Feet From Painting aka La Voleuse”
Wieden & Kenedy “Seeking Sticker” United States competition “Seeking” for campaign against emotional abuse.
Kodak Film Commercials Student Competition, award 1000 PLN for “Kodak Batteries Bear” script. Poland.
Second Award for “The Fox” ( “Pan Znak”) film in international film festival “Publicystyka 2001” Kedzierzyn- Kozle, Poland.